Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Adventure


*written on July 12, 2010


Dear Adoration,

I can't believe you are already over 3 weeks old. You have gained over a pound and are almost 2 inches longer!It is so amazing watching you change every day. When I look at you, my heart is so full, that sometimes I could just start crying, even during those 4am feedings. You love to stare at your momma. Sometimes I catch you looking at me and I think my heart will just explode.And I've decided THIS is motherhood: I love you ferociously in this very moment, I already terribly miss you at one day old, and I eagerly anticipate watching you grow. It is such a strange crossroads of emotion and it is glorious.


I feel so blessed to be entrusted with you.Once upon a time, not so very long ago, in the zeal of my youth, I had many dreams of all the adventures I would go on with the Lord. I still dream, but now all of those dreams pale in comparison to the high calling of my current reality.If none of those other dreams came to pass, but I lived a life where I loved you and your daddy well, I would've lived a very rich and worthy life indeed.


There is still adventure in my heart and I hope to take you along for some. But know this: your father and you (and perhaps future brothers or sisters) will forever be my greatest adventure, my highest calling, and the blessing of my life.

I love you Adoration, you are my Joy.

Love,Your Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...