Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Day that changed our lives FOREVER.


My hubbie James was in Orlando for work. (Did you know we were friends in high school? oh, if I told my 17 year old self that I would be having his babies.....but that will be a blog post for another time.)

Back on topic. James was in Orlando for two weeks. I was super blessed to get to fly out over the weekend in between and see him.

It was one of those memory-making weekends. I hate being apart from him and I was just yearning to see him. We walked to and ate at the cutest little neighborhood eatery. It was October but we were in Orlando and Orlando was also having a heatwave. So it was humid and balmy, but wonderful all the same. We wore flip-flops and our skin soaked in the air.

On Saturday night we got all gussied up and went to a Cirque De Soleil show which was beyond amazing. Trippy-tastic in the best way possible.

We spent Sunday relaxing on the beach, pretending it was summer-time...and it felt like it. The beach and the ocean is a surefire way to light up my heart. After, we stopped in at a local bar on the beach to watch the Falcons play (watching football with my husband...never fails to light up HIS heart. .)

I flew back to the Carolina's and eagerly awaited my husband's return. You could say that I am love-sick.

The night of James' flight home, on a whim, I took a pregnancy test. The day of that time of month had come and gone but I had already taken TWO pee-stick tests and they were both negative. I assumed this one would be negative as well.

To my great surprise I saw that little cross appear, signaling a POSITIVE. James was en route and it was late at night. I couldn't believe I just found out I was pregnant without him! I was flooded with every emotion but the predominate emotion was giddyness. What to do? How to tell him?

I put that little positive pregnancy stick in a box and wrapped it up like a present. I placed it in front of the door where he would see it when he walked in with a sign that said, "for James." I waited in the bedroom, positively bursting with anticipation. Sleep was not possible.

In the wee hours, I heard the door open........I heard the crinkling of the wrapping paper as he opened the package. Silence.

The next thing I knew he was on the bed kissing my tummy.

Happiness.

We spoke to each other in hushed tones, honoring the sacredness of the moment. And before we drifted off to sleep James whispered, "So what do you think it is?"

"A girl," I answered.

"I think so too," he said.

We prayed together, hands interlocked on my tummy, over the unborn life of our baby girl and from that point on, our lives were changed FOREVER.



{ Show me some love and remember to vote! It just takes two clicks . Help me get into the top 25 and vote daily! xoxo- Kristina}


Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

8 comments:

  1. Randomly came across your blog from Top Baby Blogs...it makes me want to be "blog-friends" with you! Love it! http://beautylifeandlove.tumblr.com

    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard this story before.... I love how you left it as a gift to James and I can completely picture his face as he opened it... love you both.
    and I voted too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristi...consider yourself "blog friend-ed!" I love blog friends. :) P.S Congrats on your lil' one. So precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat story!!! And I'm voting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the sweetest story. I just found your blog today and I love it! Beautiful mama and beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...