Monday, October 18, 2010

a thousand kisses


Dear Adoration Joy,

You are four months old. I can't believe how much you have grown from your newborn floppiness. True to your name, you bring so much joy to this family.

You have become so interactive and it is just too much fun. I love your wrinkly nose smiles, your funny little giggles, your conversational coos, your fidgety legs, and that little bottom lip tremble that happens when you are unsure. Be still my heart, I love it all.

There are lots of things I could share with you in this letter but there is one thing I know I must....

There is a scripture I want to share with you. The message it carries is something I want you to believe is true. It says,

"You are Altogether Beautiful, My Darling and there is no blemish in you." Song of Solomon 4:7

Your Daddy proposed to me with this scripture, it was written on our wedding invitations, and in those dark moments when I forget my identity, your Daddy uses it to remind me who I am.

This is who you are too.

Sure you have and will have your flaws....but this is how I see you....you are perfect as you are. As you are. Beautiful. Without blemish.

There is nothing you could ever do or not do that would make me love you less. God has inscribed my love for you into the very core of my being.....like a tattoo over my heart. It cannot be erased.
And I want you to know that God loves you even more than this.
His love goes beyond my weaknesses. He IS love.

And you are loved as you are.

I love you.
I am so proud of you.
You are Altogether Beautiful.

a thousand kisses,
Your Momma


3 comments:

  1. So cute. I love her hair!

    Loving your blog, I'm your newest follower :)

    http://bottleblack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new blog and of course I'm loving this post!!!!

    Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. adoration,

    when i'm all better can you ask your mommy if you can come over and play with me!?

    -kael

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...