Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Battle of the Will



In honor of this week where all of us here in America stuff our faces, let me amuse you with a conversation that happened a couple of months ago.

It was the first time I went "running" after I had Adoration. "Running" is in quotations because well, that is a strong word for what happened that day.

The conversation was between my mind and my body. My body was bucking up in protest. Enjoy.


Body: No. NO. NOOOOO!!!!!! What are YOU doing?

Me: Listen, I know it's been a while but we really need to kick our butt into shape.

Body: Seriously? Don't you understand what I'VE been through?

Me: I totally understand and I really appreciate all the sacrifices you've made. But the truth is, you've gone a little soft and you know it.

Body: I hate you.

Me: You can't hate me. You ARE me.

Body: I'm pretty sure running is worse than childbirth.

Me: Don't be sarcastic. It's not helping.

Body: It's HOT.

Me: Really? Can you please stop whining and arguing with me? This is taking way too much mental fortitude.

Body: How about we just go inside where it's nice and cool and do that prenatal yoga video instead?

Me: Nice try. That video does not count as exercise now that I am no longer pregnant. Plus, it makes me sleepy.

Body: Can we walk now?

Me: Just a LITTLE longer. You CAN do it.

Body: Okay, can we walk NOW?!?!?!?

Me: Okay, fine.

Body: Thank you. I thought I was going to die. Now how about we go get some ice cream?

Me: I'm ignoring you now. LALALALALA.


The End.



Like what you read? Show me some love and remember to vote! It just takes two clicks . xoxo- Kristina}

Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

2 comments:

  1. LOL, this post is so funny! I love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Alright, that was totally hilarious and it sounds REALLY familiar.

    Stephanie
    http://www.dirtandlace.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...