Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thankfulness, night coughs, and date nights.

I have so much to be thankful for every day.

Family, baby smiles, health, coffee, kisses, soul-friends, my soul-mate, prayer, autumn leaves, spring flowers, salty beaches, clean sheets, clean water, uplifting conversations, wandering walks, inside jokes, laughter, daily grace, and love and love and love.

On most days I'm overcome.


The last couple days have been a little on the hard side. Adoration came down with a respiratory infection so the nights have been long, with listening to her every breath and comforting her during 2am coughing fits. My in-laws have been amazing, cuddling with her in the morning hours so James and I, exhausted after our night vigil, could get an extra hour or two of uninterrupted sleep. Her fever broke the day after Thanksgiving and today we took her to urgent care just to make sure she was set on the path to recovery. Everything checked out and we got prescribed some medicine to help clear her chest congestion.

Tonight me and my love left Adoration in the capable hands of my parents and went on a sweet lil' date. Crab legs and GA football for dinner at the local oyster bar.
Post-dinner we headed to Barnes & Noble to partake in my favorite guilty pleasure: magazine reading & coffee drinking in cushy chairs. I haven't done that since before I had Adoration and it just felt so GOOD. It's the little things that make my heart happy. James and I left holding hands, cracking the same jokes, and vowing to go on more dates.

Cheers to the best husband in the whole world, our now-healthy baby girl, and doting grandparents!


Like what you read? Show me some love and remember to vote! It just takes two clicks . xoxo- Kristina}

Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...