Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Dress Up and Sentiment



Dear Adoration,
We had fun playing dress up the other day! I had a fun scarf on and you seemed to think it was fun too, so I draped it over your head. You looked like a little baby Spanish senorita. I look forward to many, many more days of playing dress up with you. Even though I am all grown up, playing dress up is still one of my favorite things. It's part of what makes being a girl so much fun.

As I sat there looking at your little cute face with a scarf draped over your head, I found myself thinking that one day you will be walking down an aisle of some sort wearing a veil. One day you will grow up, get married, and have children of your own one day. I admit it was an odd thing for me to be contemplating, because right now, that day seems so very far off. But it is true that this life is but a vapor and passes with a blink of an eye.

Sitting there, and feeling sentimental, I found myself whispering a prayer for your future husband. I hope he is like your Daddy, full of integrity, kind, generous, fun, confident, forgiving. As you grow up and boys come knocking, I would hope that you would look at your Daddy and how he loves me as an example for how you should be treated and loved. I pray that you would not settle for any less than that because you will always be worth it. If your future husband loves you like your Daddy loves me, my prayer would be answered.

My heart-prayer released, I looked at you again with your chubby cheeks, holding your arms up to balance your wobbly sitting, and I was brought back to our current reality. A young papa and a young mama, with a beautiful baby girl and world of adventures still to be had. And many, many more days of playing dress up.

a thousand kisses,

Your Mama




{I decided to stop being annoying by no longer posting the topbabyblogs voting banner on the bottom of my posts, but you can still vote daily by clicking the topbabyblogs button on the top right of my blog. I don't get a prize or anything, but it helps introduce new readers to this little blog. Thanks for reading and voting!}

3 comments:

  1. Too cute! Love the blog makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how she can get any more beautiful. Great Pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable!! New follower from top baby blogs! would love for you to return the follow http://prettylittleproducts.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...