Monday, January 24, 2011

Nesting


Here it is, Adoration's little nest! (Here was the sneak peek.)

In my Charley Harper post, I talked about how I was inspired by the artwork in a Charley Harper memory game I had gotten for Adoration. I used the vibrant colors and the nature-y theme as a jumping off point.

If you can believe it, I spent less than $200 on the entire room. We were on a budget so I wanted to spend as little as possible on the nursery. Thanks to hand-me-down furniture (ALL of it) and some creativity I accomplished that!




(left) My childhood quilt on the end of the bed.
bedcover: Anthro, tablecloth found on super-sale, repurposed as a bedspread.
frame: thrifted and spray painted
letter "A" : anthro


mobile- crafted with love

lamp shade: urban (on sale)
lamp base: thrifted
80's jellies: mine when I was an itty.





crib skirt: scarf from Mexico
These pictures are combined from the last place we lived and now it is set up just a little different.
I've also removed the bird houses from over the crib. I decided I didn't like them. :)



I think I would like to have this off-centered over the crib instead :)








2 comments:

  1. LOVE! You have great taste! I can't wait to own a home and decorate exactly how I want to. We rented for a long time and weren't able to paint or anything. We had birdhouses up in Sophie's room as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Now that you have on here I can finally link to it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...