Sunday, June 12, 2011

Birthday Party Sneak Peek




This Saturday was Adoration's First Birthday party! Her actual birthday is on the 16th but we decided to have the party a little early.

We kept the party fairly simple. We had a backyard bash with kiddie pools for the kiddos during brunch/lunch time. I planned the timing of the party to be in between Adoration's naps so she would be a happy girl. I surely didn't want a cranky baby at her own party.

I had such a blast planning this lil' shin dig. I planned, crafted, and cooked. Even though the party was simple, I found so much joy in the little details. The day before the party, I crossed my fingers and prayed that the weather wouldn't be too hot/or rain, that Adoration would be rested, and that there would be enough food (in this, I am my mother's daughter. God forbid someone not be able to eat.) And praise the Lord; it wasn't too hot, the patoot was happy for her whole party, and there was plenty of food!

At one point I looked around the party and just took in all our family and friends that have all, in some way, loved on us and our little girl this first year of her life. I watched all her sweet little friends happily playing, in all their precious childhood glory. Abundant life. I just felt so blessed and thankful.

More to come of the party, but here is a little sneak peek!






2 comments:

  1. June 16th? I share a birthday with Adoration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Adoration Joy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...