Saturday, June 25, 2011

Summertime vol. 2

Our little family just got back from spending a week at the beach with my parents (James' mom joined us for a bit too.) A week full of good beachin', good swimmin', good eatin', and just plain ol' goodness. Our family always goes to Hilton Head Island, SC, a low country beach haven. I just love the low country, with all that hauntingly beautiful Spanish moss hanging from the trees. Makes me feel like drinking sweet tea and reading a Flannery O'Conner novel.

We had the sweetest time, and Adoration just ate up all the extra family attention. She truly is a beach baby and shows no fear of all those waves. The first thing she does when we set her down in the sand is crawl straight for the surf. She even knows to sit up when a wave comes. She was pretty much the cutest, tootiest little thing on the whole beach too. ooohh...I just love her!

Dear Ocean,

I will never get enough of your salty breezes, the feeling of warm sand underneath my toes, the sound of your waves crashing me to peace, and lightning storms over your deep. This visit though, my favorite thing of all, was watching my Adoration delighting in your expanse.

Thanks for always making me feel small.

your faithful admirer,

Kristina







3 comments:

  1. i loved this post! girl you look SOOOO beautiful!!! i LOVE that first pic of you and sweet pea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...