Monday, July 4, 2011

12 months: letter

Adoration is almost 13 months now. She is changing every day. Yesterday she took her first teeny little step. She uses her baby signs and just learned how to sign, "banana." She says, "mama," dada," "uh-oh," "woof-woof" (for dogs,) "up," and on the rare occasion "all done." She is down to nursing just twice a day, but still hates any kind of milk that doesn't come straight out of a boob. She is a good eater and loves blueberries. She is officially in to everything and loves the bathroom and spice drawer. She is still a little scientist. She still loves to give kisses. She is sweet and very silly. Her hair turns more blond each time she is the sun. She has less baby chub and is taller. She knows when she is doing something she shouldn't. She loves to dance to music. She loves books and will giggle every time you ask her if she wants to read a book. Her personality becomes more animated every day. I love this little girl, and all that she is.

I confess that her turning one years old was a little emotional for me. My baby is growing into a little girl. How can one year go by so quickly, yet seem so long in retrospect?
I've had trouble sitting down to write this 12 month post, because really, how do I even begin to capture the richness and complexities of the past year? All I know, is that despite the sacrifices, the mundane, the letting go of freedom, and the changes, this has been the best year of my life. Because it has been the first year of her life. Because she is here.

Little patoot playing dress up.
Dear Adoration,

You are one years old. You are in that sweet place between baby hood and becoming a little girl. I know I will blink and the baby will be gone and a precocious little girl will have taken the place.
No matter your stage, you will be forever be my daughter, and for that I am more thankful than you could ever know.
At one years old, you are such a little explorer. I love to watch you explore the world with so much awe and wonder. Adoration, I pray as you grow, that you will never lose your child like awe and wonder. Those are things that were never meant to be outgrown. I pray your eyes will always remain so clear and your heart soft to see all the goodness that God has set before you.

Adoration Joy, I am so proud of you. I love you.

a thousand kisses,

your Mama.

3 comments:

  1. Tears. I can't believe your sweet baby girl is already over a year. Time goes by so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that it's been a year already. Seems just yesterday and yet so much time has flown. You are such an amazing Mom. Such a creative and beautiful lady. Thanks for having her and thanks even more for sharing all of the amazing changes that happen as your whole family grows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE your daughter's name! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...