Thursday, July 28, 2011

Nesting




I am in full on nesting mode at our new house. We have all the big stuff set up, now I'm just working on the little touches. I decided to cover all our books (brings me back to junior high) with some brown packing paper. I left my pretty hardbacks uncovered, but all the rest of my paperbacks and not-so-pretty hardbacks are getting the brown paper treatment.

One wall of our main living area is a big built in, with storage on the bottom and display shelves on the the top. I like the built-in and appreciate the display shelves, EXCEPT behind all the display shelves are mirrors. I love our new house...except for those mirrors. I just know when they built it, probably in the early 90's, they thought all those mirrors were just so swanky. Needless to say, I don't agree. If we owned this place I would cover those mirrors with a fun wall paper. But we are just renters.

So anyways, I'm doing what I can and trying to make really pretty displays on those shelves, and am currently pining for a big piece of driftwood for an organic feel. These shelves will serve as our bookshelf too, so that is why I am covering all our books. I want all the books to be cohesive and pretty. Brown packing paper was the perfect, thrifty solution.

I've started a beach treasure jar as well. We went to the beach the other day and Adoration helped me collect our first treasures for the jar. Seashells and feathers; what could be better?




2 comments:

  1. I love the book covers! Such a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that treasure jar. just find lots of interesting, old jars and put a few treasures in each and then fill fill fill one or two of your mirrored shelves. jars and shells are the same: quantity is a plus. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...