Thursday, July 21, 2011

Pretty Tired.

Hello from Florida! The past couple days have been a whirlwind.... packing galore,a garage sale, visits from both sides of our parents the two days before we moved, teary goodbyes with heart friends, and a teething baby (those darn canines!), 12 hours of driving split over two days, and a mess of boxes still in the process of being unpacked. Whew!

We are pretty tired.


I'll be blogging as we explore our new home. I can't wait to document all the newness around us, but expect it to be slow around here through the next week. For now I will leave you with my first impressions of our new home:

* It's hot, but not that hot. It feels about the same as Charlotte right now, but dare I say cooler? There is breeze always blowing here.

* Our neighborhood is full of the most beautiful oak trees lining all the sidewalks. For some reason I thought Florida was void of oak trees. I was preparing myself to miss NC oak trees like crazy. All the oak trees lining the sidewalks heralded us in as we drove into the neighborhood. I was so happy to see my oak friends, I almost cried.

*There are lots of geckos. I think they are pretty cute.

*Good Lord, there are lots of old people.
I have to admit, it feels kinda strange though to be surrounded by so many of the over 60 set.

*Adoration loves her new room already. I find her crawling into her room to play. This makes my heart so happy.

*There is more space for Adoration to play, for us to be a family, for us to
have people over. It's like I can stretch my legs out and breathe.This makes my heart happy as well.

* I'm still processing my emotions. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I know we don't really
know anybody here and that all my best friends are twelve hours away.

*Sunny Florida really is sunny.

xoxo,
Kristina

7 comments:

  1. Aww, I'm glad you're liking it so far. With this heat, I find myself daydreaming of being anywhere but Florida. But it'll pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow good luck with the transition! Newness can be amazing and scary all at once.
    Little Adoration looks so exhausted in that picture! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh i hate moving and unpacking! congrats on the new house though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad yall made it and can't wait to see pictures of the new home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I MISS YOUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!! it doesn't seem real! i LOVE hearing about all this. I'm eating every word up like it's a chocolate 3 layer cake! ;) i LOVE your glasses btw. um, how come i have never seen these???? take a little snippet vid with james' phone while patoot is playing?! muuuah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES! Those glasses are really cute! I miss you but I'm glad that you got there safe and sound. I can't wait to hear more adventure stories and see your cute florida house!
    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just compared the weather, Sunday at 6:43 pm
    Augusta - 97.6
    WPB Fl - 86.3

    I'd take that any day!

    Keep up the Adventurous spirit. Should not be too hard with the beach as your play ground! The "Old" people will luv you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...