Friday, September 30, 2011

Stop and smell the roses (even on a rainy day.)



The other day, it was overcast and rainy and we decided to head out for dinner. Despite the rain fogging up my camera lens, I just had to snap some pics of the patoot. I mean...she had on rolled up skinny jeans AND her tiny TOMS.
Adoration just loves getting to walk all by herself. Just like with her crawling, she walks with "personality." Every time I let her loose, she stops every couple of enthusiastic steps to exclaim over a lizard, or a flower, or a speck or dirt...pretty much anything! She brings new meaning to the the phrase, "stop and smell the roses." It's so easy to rush from one thing to the next in our days but Adoration, in a very literal way, makes me stop and take notice of the world around me. Even a trip down the sidewalk to the car with this little explorer, encourages me to open my eyes a little wider, and appreciate the goodness around me. That there are things to be thankful for even on a rainy day.

My dear little Adoration, patootie face, toot toot,

Thank you for always keeping me in the moment.

I love you and a thousand kisses,
your Mama





2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. She looks so big in these pictures! Her skinny jeans and tiny Toms are too much!! Miss you ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debby Lytle GonzalesOctober 1, 2011 at 9:39 AM

    She is absolutely & Altogether Beautiful!!! Every move she makes is perfection. As pretty as her Mother!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...