Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Beautiful Life




via

I really do love my life. Just like every one, my life is far from perfect. It is not a fairy tale. A blog is a funny thing because it can make people's lives look perfect. The truth is: this world is broken and we are all broken in it. My life is no exception. But I want to live with my eyes wide open to see the beauty despite the heartache and pain that weaves itself through this temporal life. I don't just want to see it, I want to create it, and to look at broken things/people/places and call the Beauty forth out of it that lies underneath. But most of all, I want to live with a grateful heart. 
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights,
who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17



Recent snippets of my imperfect, yet beautiful life. (via instagram: and yes, I have an iphone! hurrah! )


found feathers.
                                                                               happy.
                                                                     hubby loves me.
                                                                         pigtails.
                                                                      pumpkin drum.
                                                                         old doors.
                                                                         not orange.
                                                                            wow.
                                                                       tiny moccasins.
                                                                         downtown.
                                                                         Market.
                                                                            Florida.
                                                                       yummy Cuban.
                                                                          my heart.
                                                                         sweet rest.
                                                                       this face.
                                                                         cozy nook.
                                                                          my little.

6 comments:

  1. oh i LOVE you way too much for a blog comment. gaaah! <3 um...i love this blog and your writing k. adorations face in the pic 3rd from the bottom, makes my heart stop. too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such lovely photos! you all look like movie stars:) have you ever read 1000 gifts? if not, i think you would like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. let's be instagram friends! what's your username? I'm "evathan" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really like the wooden crate looking things in the next to last photo...where did you happen upon these?

    ReplyDelete
  5. the crates are just from Michael's!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...