Saturday, November 26, 2011

Holiday Happenings.


We've had a lovely Thanksgiving holiday around these parts. It was a much needed reprieve from the daily grind. To kick it off, on Wed. night, we took a little trip down to Miami to see the Black Eyed Peas! James
got the tickets off Living Social. And it's not like we are the Black Eyed Peas number #1 fan or anything, but  they are fun, and we needed a little fun in our life. And what better way than to go to an unpretentious, stadium dance party, hosted by the one and only Will-I-am? James' parents watched Adoration for the evening, and off we went, to dance all our cares away. 

And umm....not gonna lie, it was off the chain. Soooo fun. And we danced our lil' booties off. 


On the way to the show. Being goofy. 
 Stadium club. 
 Stadium stars. 


The next day, we hosted our first full Thanksgiving meal. The in-laws were in town and some friends who weren't able to be with family stopped by as well. I have to admit, I was pretty excited about it. It felt like some kind of adult right-of-passage or something. 

Hello, my name is Kristina, I cooked an entire Thanksgiving meal. I am now officially a grown-up.  


The menu. I added in some lemon-garlic asparagus to add some greens. 
Bread cubes for the stuffing. 


I gave James the job of buttering up the turkey. Butter is my secretweapon. It is the secret to truly moist turkey. We mixed butter with spices and stuffed it up underneath the skin of the turkey. Then I stuffed it with orange,lime, bay leaves and garlic. Then I poured boubon all down in the bottom of the pan. Then I made a maple glaze to pour on top. 
And to toot my own horn:
Ya'll this turkey was damn good. It made some damn good gravy too. One of our friend's said it was the best turkey he had ever had. James was practically drinking the gravy.
*pats self on back.*
Unfortunately, I failed to get a picture of the finished product. 
It was a thing of beauty though. 


The table on the patio. The weather down here in So Flo is 
delicious right now. I love that we had Thanksgiving outside! 

Starting a tradition: Turkey day corn hole. 

Like I said, it was a lovely holiday. Adoration got lots of good lovin' from her grandparents. We spent
Friday morning on the beach watching surfers (NOT shopping.) And today we are relaxing in this glorious weather. How did ya'll spend the holiday?


* And with holiday shopping in full swing, I wanted to mention this store. One of my sweet follower's is selling some of her clothes. She has lots of great stuff, including brands every one loves, like anthropologie. And this Mark Jacobs coat, which I'm drooling over. So go check it out!


3 comments:

  1. I'm super impressed with your menu and turkey! Sounds like you incorporated some sacred kanksgiving traditions as well! Glad y'all got to see the boothes too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and James look like teenagers in that first picture, I love it!

    Also, that turkey sounds amazing. And glad you got to have some family around.

    OH and I love you! More pictures pleaseeee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you! Thanks SO much for the invite - we spent it with the Antolino clan since they are just down the road. Your turkey sounds amazing. I'm drooling! Luv, Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...