Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Learning at Home: Ice Cube Sensory Play




     I've got to be honest with you, I've been kind of slacking on our "learning activities" around here.
It's been crazy and I just haven't had the mental capacity to do much planning.  But really, the whole point of this feature is to make learning activities for babies/toddlers/preschoolers accessible to every one.  To prove that you don't have to be super-mom or super-teacher to do it. Well friends, I am neither. 

     Most learning activities are deceptively simple. Which is good, because even on the worst days, I can handle simple. Case in point: this activity. All I did was throw some ice cubes in a container. And it provided a good 30 minutes of sensory play (well...play some, walk away, come back, play some more.)  I realize ice cube sensory play may be bad timing for November, but hey, we live in Florida! Get creative though, you can turn just about anything into sensory play. 



Ice cubes, some water, measuring cups, spoons, and a little food coloring (if you add color, I recommend washable watercolor paint cause the food dye stained our hands!)


I made a makeshift sensory table using our lego table and a baking pan. I just blocked the pan in with 
some legos so it wouldn't slide around. This way Adoration could stand up and play. 


She decided it would be fun to deposit the ice cubes all over our patio. 

Then she added some legos. Always more fun with legos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...