Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Neverland

I was soooo excited about Adoration's Halloween costume this year. I'm a big fan of Peter Pan. So much so, that I almost had "Neverland" as Adoration's birthday party theme. Instead, we just went pretty simple for her party and didn't really have much of a theme. I was kinda of bummed out that we missed out on the opportunity for Adoration to be "Tiger Lily" though. So with Halloween and the opportunity to dress up coming round, I just knew it was the perfect time for Adoration to be Tiger Lily. I think she makes the cutest little "Tiger Lily" ever. 

Her costume didn't cost me a cent and was super easy to make. 
her shoes: we already had them.
dress: a romper out of her closet.
poncho: I cut out a square from an old, jersey tank top. I turned it so one of the points pointed down, and folded it in half (to make a triangle.) I cut a hole on the crease, and cut fringe all around. For the pattern on the poncho, I just cut shapes out of some felt I had in my craft supplies. I ironed it on with some iron-on paper (no sewing!) 
I'm kinda in love with her poncho...would it be too much to just have her wear it as regular clothes?
feather tassel: I used a strip of leather cord (from a necklace of mine) and tied feathers on the ends. Adoration wore it around her neck, with the ends hanging down. 
headband: a strip from the same tank top, tied around her head, with found feathers stuck through her hair in the back. 

Enjoy the rest of our "Neverland" pictures!






















Want to see her costume from last year? She was just the cutest little itty at four months old. 

2 comments:

  1. Cutest costume evvvvvver, so so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so adorable! Her little indian costume was WAY better than mine! I WISH I woulda looked so cute!

    I love your blog! I'm new to the blogging world and I just added myself as a follower. I'd love it if you could follow me too!

    *Ashley Marie
    aka Chickadette
    http://chickadette.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...