Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving, everyday.

Our Friday activities: these black Friday lines sure are long. 

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, here is my obligatory "thankful" post. I actually do a lot of gratitude posts here on the blog, mostly focusing more on the "little things." Because sometimes when it seems like a lot of the big  things are falling apart, there are little rays of hope and sunshine every day to help keep me going. 

But this post is about the bigger things. In fact, of all the things that bring me joy
every day, these are the things that I am most grateful for:

My faith. I know that no matter what, I am my Father's daughter and that He loves me with an everlasting love and that in this messed up, broken world, that He is always good and never changes. That in Jesus, I see the face of God, and His loving ways revealed to my heart. He has never, ever failed me. I am so thankful for His love for me that is deeper than any ocean and stronger than any power in earth or in heaven.

My husband and my daughter.  They are such tangible, good gifts. If people were made in the image of God, well then, these people were sent personally to me to help reveal to me His face. I love them with the fiercest of loves, and gratitude rises up in my heart every time I look at them. They are my sweetest gifts and I try to hold them with open hands.

Family. Like lots of families, mine is pretty messy, but I love them, and I know they love me, and I don't take them for granted. 

My friends. I've been particularly grateful for my friends these days. Even though we still don't know many people or have many friends down here in Florida, my sweet friends have been so supportive, even from afar. Just knowing that they got my back brings me so much comfort. They are my soul sisters and I love them. 

And I'm thankful for life, health, freedom, a roof over my head and food to eat, and all those "little things" that really do make my world go round. 

I hope all of you had a happy Thanksgiving full of family, love, gratitude, and yummy food. Let's not forget the food. :) 


xoxo,
Kristina



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...