Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Holiday Recap

      Both James' family and my family live in Georgia so we made the long trek up there for Christmas. Before that, we had our own mini-Christmas here in south Florida. The weather was pretty amazing so we started a new Christmas tradition that included: waffles, presents, then a trip to the beach. It was simple and lazy and perfect. I love my little family so much!




Trying to save money + be personal + Pinterest = a very crafty Christmas! I really loved making gifts this year. Here is a peek at some of my creations:

an stocking for Adoration made
out of an old sweater. 

a glimpse of a painting for my mom. 

and my favorite creation: I made this for James' 
92 year old Grandma. Each map heart represents
all the places her children, grandchildren, and 
great grand children live. She cried when she
opened it! 

The rest of the pics are pretty random. I did a horrible job documenting via photographs this year. ah well. And just blogging all my instagrams is probably the laziest way to blog ever. By the way, if you want to follow me on instagram, my name is : altogetherbeautiful. 



checking out some new books at the grandparents.

cutie face 

 eee!!! I love tights with shorts and peter pan collars.

 don't need to wear these in Florida...wearing them
while I can!

driving through the night. not a fan 10 hour drives, not 
a fan at all. 


Merry Christmas to me! My mom let me take
some dishes out of her collection. Probably my favorite
gift. oh...and you can't go wrong with Amazon gift
cards! 
vintage Pyrex dishes. <3 <3 <3

a serving dish and the
 prettiest little plates I ever did see!

James' 92 year old grandma. She is pretty amazing. She
was one of the first female flight stewardesses. She said that
the uniforms on the show Pan Am were based on their "Spring" 
uniforms. She still has her "Winter" uniform and her travel
luggage. drool. I would love to see it! While she was 
a stewardess, she met her husband: in an elevator, in NYC!
 how romantic!

my hubby in a Christmas photo as a kiddo. hehe. 

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
xoxo,
Kristina

3 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the crafts for your mom and comes's grandma. Will probably be copying both of them soon. Also, when i have a cute daughter, I would like you to be her stylist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun Christmas gifts! I just had to comment because I cannot believe how beautiful Adoration is. She seriously gets more and more beautiful with each picture you post. I'm so glad you and James are making the most of your time with her. Can't wait until Blake and I start having kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is why I miss Florida, Christmas on the beach? I sure hope my sister (who lives in St Pete) and brother in law convince my husband to move down there :-)

    The craft gift are so cute! You did such good job

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...