Tuesday, January 10, 2012

a letter from daddy.

    This beautiful little girl is eighteen months now. This young toddler stage has been constant growing, learning, and moving. I feel like I'm always running after her trying to keep up! She constantly surprises me with the things she can do. She can talk in short sentences and even knows a lot of her letters! She is one smart cookie. Beauty and Brains...watch out world! One of the cutest things she does right now:  I will ask her ,"Adoration, who is my little?" (We call her "little.") She answers, by putting her hands on her tiny shoulders and happily exclaiming "lulu!" Which is her way of saying "little." can't.handle.it. 
    I haven't been writing as many letters, because I feel like I keep just trying to say the same thing over and over again....that she is perfect just the way she is, that I love her with my whole being, and that God loves her even more than that. I still plan on writing her letters, just not monthly. I will write them when I have something I especially want to tell her (that I haven't said before) and get down in writing. So I don't have a letter for her this month, but James, my husband wrote her a letter for Christmas. He plans on writing her and all our future children a letter every Christmas. I know...so, so sweet. His letter is after the pictures in this post. 
    Though I won't plan on writing her letters every month, I do plan on taking monthly pictures (with my real camera, not just my phone.) I didn't do this for month seventeen and I am kicking myself for it! Here is Adoration's eighteen month pictures, just out in the backyard. Hubs showed up at the end and we got some Daddy kisses in there too! 




Adoration,

    I love you. I'm so proud of you every day. You are my primary topic of conversation without a doubt.  I see so much in you. You really are living out your name.  You are affectionate and sensitive.  You love to give hugs and kisses to anyone and anything in sight....including lizards on the patio! The Lord has marked you for worship. You sing and dance and love to praise Jesus by raising your hands.  It's the cutest thing ever. You are a word for our family and we can't wait to see your impact as you grow!
   Just in this past year you've grown so much! You love the simple things in life like being outside, going on a scavenger hunt, and looking at the moon (which you always call a "ball")!  And you are so observational! I'm excited to see how God molds your sweet personality as you grow.
    Know that you are loved. Just the way you are. That won't change.
I'm gonna try to be the best daddy I can be, but know that when I come up short, your true Daddy will never leave you or forsake you.

                                                                                                    I love you,
                                                                                                     Daddy

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your daughters name, like her name makes my heart happy. She sure is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jess Thanks girl! You are so sweet. Her name makes our heart's happy too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...