Thursday, March 29, 2012

A quick recap and so much for being Vegetarian.

So sometimes I look pregnant, like in this picture. And sometimes I just look
like I ate too many donuts. And other times, like first thing in the morning, my tummy looks 
almost normal. It's so strange. 

In other news...woohoo! The end of  the first trimester is in sight!
I'll spare you all the details, but just like most women, I've had lots of fatigue and nausea. Luckily, not throwing up nausea, just the all day general, garden variety kind. The "I don't really feel like eating, can't handle the smells of food cooking, and don't you dare try to get anything with garlic in it near me" kind. So anyways, I'm ready to have energy again for my very energetic almost two-year-old. And I'm ready to be able to cook for my family again without completely losing my appetite. And of course, it's all worth it, so I'm done being complain-y. 

I will leave you with one brief story of my first trimester:

So in December, James and I decided we would try a little experiment.....we thought we would try going vegetarian (the kind where you can still eat fish.) So we did. And I loved it. I loved all the new meals I was cooking. I was even gonna turn it into a blog series called, "The Vegetarian Experiment,"  of all the yummy recipes I was trying. And then....not too long later....I got pregnant. All of a sudden, all of these things that had quickly become staples of our diet quite literally turned my stomach. Just the thought of a chickpea patty, or a cauliflower stew, or a tofu scramble or whatever else we had been eating made me feel sick. Then there was that one day when the only thing in the whole world that sounded good to eat was a 5 guys burger. And it was delicious. So much for being vegetarian. 

14 comments:

  1. Yay for the end of the first trimester! I had exactly the same nausea - never actually threw up but so much turned my stomach. I couldn't wash up for 3 months because the sight of old bits of food in the sick made me gag. Eurgh, glad that's over. Good luck with phase 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first trimester of my current pregnancy ALL healthy food disgusted me and then I would get disgusted by the junk food I was eating but couldn't stop eating because it was the only thing I wanted. Now I am back to normal BUT 5 guys burgers are still amazing even though they are not on the healthy list. Congrats on your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing quite like a Five Guys burger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so funny - the EXACT same thing happened to me! I had actually been a full fledged vegan when my husband and I got together (his southern boy eating habits weakened that a bit) and I was just on the verge of going full blown again when I got pregnant. It took me a long time to figure out what I could eat with the nausea because it shocked me so much. Steak. That's what sounded good and got me through my first trimester. Weird, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why not try the title, A preggy woman on how to become a vegetarian! hahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha...where were you when I was writing this? That is a better a title...and actually grammatically correct, which mine is not. ;)

      Delete
  6. Oh the first trimester - it can be crippling, can't it?! You look gorgeous by the way - may the entire pregnancy journey be safe and joyous x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Right there with you and cooking making your ill. Bleh. One day soon (I hope) I can cook and actually eat dinner with my family. One day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel so bad making us eat out so much...cause cooking is how we save a lot of money in the food department!

      Delete
  8. Ahhh! LOOK at that bump! Too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So funny about the burger. Five Guys was one of the only things I could eat in the first trimester :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...