Sunday, April 22, 2012

Hair Help?


One thing I particularly enjoy about social media is that it's like having a bunch of girl friends at the ready....like if I'm in Target and I need another opinion on if I should get the skirt I'm trying on. I can just instagram it and get some opinions. Well, I need some opinions....

On what I should do/not do with my hair. 

I don't know what it is about being pregnant but it always gives me the itch to change it up a little. So this time around, I'm thinking of going ombre with my hair. Not a super obvious ombre but a more subtle, natural ombre. Something like this:



Now, I've never really colored my hair before ( well, except that time I put burgundy in it, in the underneath layers of my hair in college. It washed out in a couple of weeks.) I think what has held me back on coloring my hair is that I am super low maintenance when it comes to hair/makeup. Color just seems like a lot of maintenance.  But I think I'm ready to take that leap. I mean...I have a lot of brown going on...brown skin, brown eyes, dark brown hair. Maybe a little golden in the hair will make my skin look a little more golden? And a subtle ombre doesn't seem too high maintenance. But I'm having a little trouble deciding for sure. 

So what do ya'll think? Should I go for it??
Here is what my hair looks like now: 



And for the record, if I do this thing I'm gonna do it right and go to someone who knows what they are doing. My nightmare scenario would be a botched job and having to cut my hair off! Also, I know pregnant ladies got to be careful about chemicals, so I would definitely go to an Aveda salon where their hair color is really gentle and mostly chemical free.

9 comments:

  1. YES! That would look so great on you. I'm also trying to figure out something for my hair and meant to post about it on Friday... Not sure if I want to re-cut my bob or grow it back out. Decision, decisions. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well personally I'm a bit partial to the dark hair :) But, I'm sure it would look great no matter what you decide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely think you should go for it! The thing about the ombre is that it seems like it WOULD be really low-maintenance...it doesn't seem like you'd get obvious roots that you'd need to keep colored...it seems like a graceful way to experiment in color. Plus I think the length and general style of your hair would be very suitable for the ombre. So do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally do it, it would be beautiful on you! :) I'm so loving the ombre hair look now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like I need to bring my Aveda color down to Florida and we can have ourselves a little ombré party!!!!

    -alexis

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I read ombre and thought "is that Spanish for hat or friend or something?" But now that you have educated me I think "ombre" hair would look great on you! : -) miss your hair and the rest of you too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you would like great with ombre in your hair Kristina!! I had ombre coloring in my hair this past year and it is SO low mainenance!! I went to the salon like 3 times the whole year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think it'd look gorgeous on you! go for it! :D

    dorothy
    http://theymaysaythatimadreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely do it! I think it'd look so good with all the layers you have in your hair.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...