Friday, January 18, 2013

Outward and Up.

020 030 031 041 044 130
Every region has it's beauty. I have quite the crush on the live oak trees of this region. Add in that haunting Spanish moss and I am done for.Watching my daughter run under the benevolent branches of grand daddy oak trees make me so happy. Trees and children were always meant to be friends.     ie. Swiss Family Robinson and Peter Pan. 

Pausing to drink in beauty in nature is part of who I am. If prayer is a conversation, then beauty is God's way of talking to me all day long. My soul is thirsty for it, and I am always looking for where it may be hidden. My husband lovingly pokes fun of me because often on a walk, I will stop him and exclaim over something seemingly inconsequential, "Do you see?! Do you see the way the light is shining through the branches? The colors?" Or "look! look at this tiny red leaf surrounded by all the green? Isn't it perfect?"  Or even, in a dirty alley way...pointing out the angles of fire escapes, or graffiti, or gutter grates. I'm always asking "Do you SEE?"  He will often smile with amusement and I know this is something that often does not connect with his own heart but that he very much loves about me.

I am introspective by nature. But when left alone with one's thought's for too long, unchecked and free to roam, they can quickly become toxic, turning to taunting lies. In this season of my life, I am often either talking to small children or alone with my thoughts. I can so easily become lost in the swirling sea of self, but then a whisper in my hearts urges me to look outside myself, and outward, and up, and I am redeemed.  


"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-- think about such things." Philippians 4:8

May your hearts always dwell on lovely things. 
~Kristina

2 comments:

  1. these photos are gorgeous, and I agree, the spanish moss is magical

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true--it is easy to fall into ourselves when we should be falling into Him. I just found your blog and it looks beautiful. I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...